When to report an RTC

If you are involved in a road traffic collision you should report it to us if somebody is injured.

However, if

  • an animal is injured (horse, cattle, ass, mule, sheep, pig, goat or dog)
  • there is damage to another vehicle
  • there is damage to any other property which forms part of the land at the roadside

then you should stop and give any person (other than a Police Officer), who on reasonable grounds, requires you to give

  • your name and address
  • name and address of the owner
  • identification mark of the vehicle

If you cannot do this, then you should report the RTC to us within 24 hours.